Tuesday 26 August 2008

The butterfly effect

Have you ever thaught of the butterfly effect in your life??.. Don't worry, I will not assume that you know what does it mean... I will also be generous and save you the effort and time of searching and tell what wikipedia will tell you...



The "Butterfly effect" is an expression that is used to express how really tiny changes at any given time and place can produce a reallyyyy huge and dramatic effect at another time or place... They always give the example of a butterfly flapping wings that can produce a tornado some place else...It is part of the "Chaos Theory" if you ever heard about it... I don't believe in the "Chaos theory" because at some of its points it contradicts my beliefs but I found this "Butterfly effect" very interesting idea to think about....



Everyone of us has his decisions that act as his own butterfly effect in life...decisions that when taken changes everything after it... Maybe at the time we were taking these decisions, we didn't really consider how much will they affect our life after that...how these decisions will direct us to another path and another life...maybe better and maybe not...

* * * * * * * * *
My father was graduated from faculty of science, special physics department. It has been always his dream.. He then started to work beside preparing his master degrees.. he was moving forward to get his masters then his phd. One day when he was going home after work he saw this paper hanging on the wall. They needed people in his specialization in the army. He never thaught of joining it at anyday of his life before that day. When I ask him today, he never finds a real answer why he decided that day to apply.. he just did it... he was always keen to try things. He was accepted and joined the army..His life was changed that day... Our life changed that day... From being a professor in college as he always planned he ended up to be a Brigadier in the Presidency of the republic (Ryaset Elgomhoreyya)...I keep on thinking how a hanging paper on the wall had this butterfly effect on our life...

* * * * * * * * *
This is a story of a woman I know. She used to go to spend week ends and holidays at her uncles' home. He was so conservative in his life and he never allows women in the house to open the door for anyone when he is at home. Oneday, she was visiting him as usual, he was out and his two sons too, the door knocked and it was just her and her uncles' wife in the house. She went to open the door, it was some guy who was asking about her uncle. She told him that he is not here and that she don't know where will he come. But that guy kept on asking her many questions in a way that made her suspicious. So, she closed the door in his face. Somehow that guy liked her attitude and the next day he proposed to her. They are married now but they never thaught at any moment how was that simple action -Opening a door to a stranger and then closing it in his face :D- affected their life. She could've missed opening the door for any reason...don't you think that this is their butterfly flapping wings action??

* * * * * * * * *

Many examples run in to my mind.. actually if you thaught of it, you will find that nearly everything you do in your life acts as you butterfly flapping wings effect...Maybe that's why I get terrified when I have to decide anything in my life.. any tiny little decision scares me to death and I always try to avoid it... because I know that the time I'm making the decision is the time I'm drawing a different path in my life... I always keep on thinking... am I really drawing now my right path??? am I making it right??? am I now making my wishes come true or I'm doing some silly mistake???..

The problem is that you will never know how good or bad your decision was... You will just take it wishing that you are doing the right thing...

Just wishing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant entry !!!!!!



On behalf of the Angles
An Angle